Brand: IDS GeoRadar (Italy) founded in 1980 as part of IDS Ingegneria dei Sistemi in Pisa, Italy, the company was recently acquired by Hexagon. This Company provides products and solutions for geophysical, mining, civil engineering and security applications. IDS GeoRadar is known as the World Leader in Multi-frequency, Multi-channel Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) systems and also a pioneer of Interferometric technology applied to Civil Engineering and Earth Environment.
The first commercial ground-based interferometric radar with linear scan capabilities, the IBIS product line, was launched in 2007. This ground-breaking product range was unique to the field as it was the first use of interferometric technology for dynamic and static monitoring of structures and earth environments. The interferometric radar products provide a unique solution to the problem of monitoring small movements in ground or structures, allowing remote, long range, continuous real-time measurement of large areas. Dozens of companies and organizations in Vietnam have trusted the equipment of IDS GeoRadar for many different works.
IBIS-FS Plus Remote static and dynamic monitoring with accelerometer to mitigate large external vibrations.
An advanced microwave interferometry based system for remote static and dynamic monitoring, IBIS-FS Plus interferometric radar is used on bridges and other structures including buildings, historical monuments and towers. An accelerometer version of IBIS-FS, this radar mitigates the effect of large external vibration sources on results.
In static, the IBIS-FS Plus is ideal for:
- Structure load testing;
- Structure displacement and collapse hazards;
- Cultural heritage preservation.
In dynamic, the IBIS-FS Plus is best used for:
- Structure resonance frequency measurements;
- Structural modal shape analysis.
In either state, the IBIS-FS Plus features:
- Remote sensing: Real-time remote sensing at up to 1 km with no need for equipment to be installed on the monitored structure;
- Accurate measurements: Measures displacements of as little as 0.01mm @ 0.5km range. No standard instrument can achieve such accuracy;
- Ground vibration removal: Built-in accelerometer to cancel the self-induced vibrations transmitted to the radar from the ground;
- Sampling: Structural vibration sampling up to 200 Hz;
- Always operational: Operates day and night and in all weather conditions.
Benefits of the IBIS-FS Plus include:
- Accurate measurements even when the system is installed in places with large ground vibrations;
- Increase structural health monitoring efficiency through the use of a non-invasive vibration monitoring technique;
- Accurate and remote real-time monitoring of structural vibration and natural frequencies;
- Reduces the time required for static or dynamic bridge structural testing to just a few minutes.
Real-time software for monitoring
IBIS-FS Plus is equipped with the IBIS Surveyor acquisition software and the IBIS-FS Plus Viewer software for data analysis.
IBIS Surveyor is able to show in real time a power image of the monitored scenario, the displacement of the overall scenario, and the displacement of selected points in the scenario. Displacement accuracy can be within 0.01mm.
IBIS Surveyor includes a special tool for IBIS-FS Plus that enables acquisition of the built-in accelerometer’s data to correct for the ground vibrations transmitted via the system’s tripod.
The IBIS Surveyor software is specifically developed to process the raw files generated during measurement sessions by IBIS-FS and IBIS FS Plus. The software is equipped with a complete set of features for the static and dynamic evaluation of the overall structural displacement.
Static information that can be obtained include:
- Power image of the monitored scenario for the selection of specific points to be monitored;
- Temporal displacement histories of the selected measurement points belonging to the investigated scenario (bridges, dams, landslides, etc.).
Processing of IBIS-FS and IBIS-FS Plus data also includes basic dynamic structural analysis tools to identify the resonance frequencies and modal shapes of the monitored structures.
This information can lead to a complete Structural Health Monitoring system for a structure.
IBIS-FS Plus Viewer
IBIS-FS Plus Viewer is used for data analysis and correction of the ground vibrations transmitted to the system including Frequency Spectrum correction.